Postal Code Synonyms and Terms
Postal Code is known as a postcode, post code, PIN or ZIP code. It’s a series of letters, digits, or both, sometimes including spaces or punctuation. Postal codes are usually assigned to geographical areas, and their primary purpose is sorting mail.
There are many synonyms of postal code, and some of these are country specific. Let’s know the most used synonyms of the postal code by country.
- Postcode: Popular term in many English-speaking countries, including Bangladesh and Netherlands.
- Postal code: Popular term in many English-speaking countries, including Canada
- CAP: The standard term in Italy.
- CEP: The standard term in Brazil.
- Eircode: The standard term in Ireland.
- NPA: French-speaking Switzerland and Italian-speaking Switzerland
- PIN: The standard term in India.
- PLZ: The standard term in Germany, Austria, German-speaking Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
- Postal index: This term is used in Eastern European countries such as Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus etc.
- PSČ: The standard term in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
- ZIP Code: The standard term in the United States and the Philippines.